Sunday, May 25, 2008

Investment in Image consultation


I am not really a follower of fashion nor am myself fashionable. Although I realize the importance of marketing or packaging yourself to be more marketable or approachable. Nowadays, a lot of company offers the services of image consulting. They teach people like me (lazy people) how to "package" myself or carry myself.

Anyway, since I've been working and receiving salary, I have begin to realize the importance of branded stuff...Not that I become more fashionable but because the clothes nowadays cost a bomb even for the unbranded one. Since MYR 30 and MYR 70 is all under MYR100, I have gladly accept the challenge of trying and buying branded line. The quality does differ and it is more comfortable to wear. (However some does not differ much)...

I was having lunch with my colleague at Pasar Seni one day and having this conversation while passing through this second hand "branded" shop.

Fashionable Colleague (FC) : Saw this at XXX that day, the price seems not to differ much even it is a second hand shop...

Unfashionable Me (UM) looks at the window display and try to have a peek at the price tag (they always seems to hide the price tag in those small zippers..)

UM "gasp" silently after looking at the tag...

UM: Err...why are they so expensive? Is it because they last longer?

FC: Not really, they are just like normal bag, only they are branded..

UM: Oh...then why people like it so much?

FC: Uhm....it's branded....looks fashionable...actually I have the same question as you, asked my mum, she said I'll know when I am older...I guess now it's the time...haha...

UM: Oh...think some of the cheaper bags sold at the pasar malam looks nicer...

FC: Yea...agree...but it does make a different...imagine if you wear nice clothes with a nice bag walk into a shop compare to an equivalent nice dressed lady but with a normal bag...the impact is different...

UM: Yea...but it depends on where you go too...

FC: yeap...

At the end of our conversations, I realize that maybe it is the money factor coz we just have our bonus and we are just looking for ways to invest our money...maybe my colleague is right...there come a time when every one will want to do or buy something that other people are buying...it will not be because we are a blind spender or follower, just a mere sign of increase of our wallet and mentality change...

Yea, maybe, maybe one day you'll see me with a Gucci, Coach or LV bag.. :)




No comments: