Monday, May 19, 2008

Investment

As I worked in the Bank as a market risk manager , I have decided to dedicate my blogger posts to investment related issues and my Xanga posts to my interests...like movie reviews and such...

Ok...what should I write first...
Ok, recently I just finished spending (or investing, if you like this word better) my bonus into various application of my life.

First, Fixed deposit. I am sure most of us know what a fixed deposit is...it is one of the safest investment vehicle in the world (if you don't figure in the inflation rate and such). In Malaysia, the range of interest pay on top of the deposit range from 3% to 3.70% (1 month to 12 months). The interest rate as per Mar 08 is at 2.8%, effectively, we are earning only 0.9% of our savings in FD. Well, the plus point is that it is capital protected. In fact, all our savings in the Bank are protected by PDIM Malaysia for a maximum amount of MYR60,000. So, let's say you already saved MYR60,000 in a Bank, please do consider saving the next MYR60,000 in another Bank.

FD is more for conservative people or fresh graduate...we are supposed to saved at least 6 months of your salary and don;t touch it...just for rainy days purposes. So FD naturally is a good choice. After FD, you can consider other investment vehicles, such as insurance, unit trust, shares, etc...

Let's talk about that in my next posts...

No comments: